We offer developmentally appropriate environmental education for Maine’s youngest learners.
Our community preschool programs offer young children opportunities to interact with nature and each other in ways that foster stewardship and empathy, increase science knowledge and cognitive skills, and promote growth and development across learning domains. Our programs align with Maine’s Early Learning and Development Standards and can be adapted to fit the needs of your school or classroom.
Classroom Visits & Field Trips
We offer seasonally-themed programs that include:
- Literacy connections through read alouds and songs
- Opportunities to examine mounts from our taxidermy collection or other nature artifacts
- Movement activities and games that reinforce learning and encourage cooperation
- Art projects that integrate creativity and science content
Prices start at $50. Classroom visits can be scheduled as one time or recurring programs.
We offer customized programs and collaborative planning to meet your curricular goals. We can:
- Design and teach lessons in your classroom, at Gilsland Farm, or a location of your choice
- Identify field sites at or around your school to use for inquiry and instruction
- Coach you in how to use field sites for effective student learning
- Provide content expertise
- Identify or develop additional learning resources
- Explore and co-design green practices for your school
For more information or to schedule a program, contact Molly Woodring at email@example.com or 207.781.2330 x231.