The Maine Audubon Development team is looking for a volunteer to help with key administrative functions for eight hours a week. Could it be you?
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a great team of development professionals in support of Maine’s wildlife. You can email Katelyn at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Here’s the description of the role:
Development Department Administrative Support (Volunteer)
Location: Falmouth, ME
Position Type: Volunteer – Part-Time, Regularly Scheduled
Supervisor: Development and Gifts Associate
This position provides vital administrative support to Maine Audubon’s Development Department processing acknowledgement letters and membership cards for donors for gifts that arrive daily by mail, and updating donor records as needed. While there is some interaction across departments within Maine Audubon, this position is not public-facing and does not require personal communication with donors. The department needs at least eight (8) hours of regularly scheduled help each week between Mondays and Thursdays, which could be split between two (2) volunteers if necessary. The actual shifts are TBD depending on applicants’ availability, but must be regularly scheduled each week to accommodate continual workflow.
- Format, proofread, print, assemble and post acknowledgement letters using postage meter
- Assemble mailing packages for special appeals
- Update changes of address and basic biographical information in the donor database
- Occasional paper filing
Skills & abilities:
- Solid keyboarding (40 words per minute) and general computer skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel and Word, especially mail merges and using tables for data filtering, sorting, and tracking
- Proficiency navigating network drives and adhering to file naming conventions
- Proficiency with online searches to verify contact information and to find obituaries
- Attention to detail to proofread outgoing mailings
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks according to written protocols
- Flexibility to switch tasks as needed
- Database experience a plus
Duties require extended time seated at a desk and typing, the ability to fold and stuff paper materials, and occasional standing and bending to access file cabinets.
Email Katelyn at email@example.com with “Development Dept. Admin volunteer” in the subject line. Please include full name, contact information, and availability.