Retail Sales Associate – Full time
Visitor Services and Retail Associate –
up to 32 hours/week
Business & Administration
Maine Audubon is a nonprofit conservation organization based in Falmouth, Maine, whose mission is to conserve wildlife and wildlife habitat by engaging people in conservation, education, and action. We are seeking an energetic, outgoing, friendly person to join our Audubon team as a Visitor Services and Retail Associate staff. This Visitor’s Services and Sales opportunity will help support the Maine Audubon Nature Store operations, Visitor Services and membership growth. The daily tasks may include retail sales, general visitor assistance, promoting programming and new membership, as well as providing occasional program, event, and rental support and coverage.
Activities and Responsibilities:
- Provide a welcoming environment for all Maine Audubon visitors and guests.
- Serve as a knowledgeable, courteous, and helpful staff answering questions about wildlife, Audubon products and services.
- Effectively communicate the Maine Audubon mission to visitors and guests Support our membership goals by recruiting new membership.
- Demonstrate product knowledge and assist customers in making store selections.
- Operate a POS system including performing sales, process end of day reports, cash drawer balance, and other end of day tasks as assigned by Retail Manager.
- Restock merchandise daily.
- Support Retail Manager by assisting with retail processes including purchase order creation, receiving merchandise, pricing, item and inventory maintenance in POS system as instructed by Retail Manager.
- Support Retail Manager with other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Maintain daily standards of cleanliness in retail and stock areas which may include dusting, vacuuming, cleaning, and organizing.
- Assisting with building coverage during events, rentals or programs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in retail or sales.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma. College Degree preferred.
- Superior customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to use computer based point of sale system.
- Ability to handle cash and receipts accurately.
- Available to work a flexible schedule including weekdays, days, and occasional evenings.
- First Aid and CPR certified is helpful, but not required.
- Knowledge of Maine Birds and Wildlife is helpful but not required.
- A passion for environmental stewardship with an entrepreneurial spirit is desired but not required!
Please submit cover letter and resume with “Retail Sales Associate” in the subject line to Jan Weyant at email@example.com.