Position: Nature Store Manager
Location: Gilsland Farm, Falmouth
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director
Maine Audubon is a widely respected conservation organization located in Falmouth, Maine with state-wide influence. Our focus on science based research, practical solutions to complex problems, and a profound respect for wildlife and wildlife habitat positions us at the nexus of Maine’s environmental community.
Essential and Specific Functions
Oversee the Nature Store Operations
- Maintain the Nature Store in an appealing & relevant manner.
- Process retail store sales to include end of day reconciliation.
- Support the retail needs of the Conservation, Education, and Advocacy areas.
- Provide the purchasing function of the organization.
- Accurately maintain the Teacher’s Resource Center database
- Responsible for opening and closing the Environmental Building when needed
- Accurately maintain the electronic inventory system.
- Promote and grow the rental opportunities of the campus.
- Train Nature Store clerks to include natural history of Gilsland Farm.
- Cultivate new volunteers to assist in the Nature Store operations.
As Nature Store Manager you will actively participate in strategy development, support Maine Audubon’s commitment to growing our constituent base, and share our goal of increasing public awareness of our mission. As the sole resource for the organization in this position you will work collaboratively across the entire organization to flexibly respond to needs and requests on a timely basis.
- Bachelor’s degree plus five years of retail and purchasing experience, similar work experience may be substituted for education.
- Experience managing staff in an energetic, positive setting
- Experience with Quickbooks POS systems and reporting
- Non-profit organization experience working and engaging volunteers
- Experience working with the general public
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills to be able to efficiently provide purchasing service.
- Ability to interact effectively with department heads, program staff, and trustees.
- Develop research, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to think and plan strategically.
- Willingness to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced, results-oriented, positive environment.
- Ability to manage and document details in order to maintain complete and accurate electronic inventory files.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 20% of the time
Ability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs. frequently
Occasionally ascends/descends ladder to set up displays
Ability to work evenings and weekends
Please submit cover letter and resume with “Nature Store Manager” in the subject line to Beth Pauls at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.