Position Title: Membership and Annual Giving Manager
Location: Gilsland Farm Audubon Center, Falmouth, ME
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Development
The Membership and Annual Giving Manager administers the acquisition and cultivation of Maine Audubon members and donors through communications, appeals, and events. This position directs annual giving and designs and implements the organization’s annual multi-channel fundraising efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Membership and Annual Giving Management:
- Plan and manage multichannel strategies and campaigns for cultivation, acquisition, and stewardship for donors and members, via mail, email, telephone, social, and in-person conversations.
- Act as primary liaison and provide support for members, including membership-related coordination with Chapter leaders and recurring monthly donors (Frequent Fliers);
- Ensure design and production of annual fund and membership appeals, renewals, and corresponding collateral;
- Coordinate with Communications staff to generate content related to membership and annual fundraising for all channels;
- Lead efforts for membership engagement and acquisition at Maine Audubon events and activities statewide, including events with corporate partner employees and clients, and other in-person acquisition forums;
- Support and collaborate with Maine Audubon staff and Chapter leaders on member acquisition, retention, and stewardship;
- Field frequent phone calls and emails from and in service to Maine Audubon members;
- Work with Director of Development to set annual goals and identify current and strategic opportunities to increase membership base and net revenue;
Corporate Partner Program Execution:
- Manage the Corporate Partner fundraising program, including support to the volunteer committee, prospecting, solicitation, and recognition/networking events;
- Develop appropriate acknowledgement and recognition strategies;
- Ensure employee and client engagement at events and as part of Maine Audubon membership campaigns;
- Coordinate MaineShare efforts among Maine Audubon staff and fulfill MaineShare partner requirements as requested.
Analytical and Administrative:
- Analyze and report on performance of fundraising campaigns and membership initiatives;
- Ensure that all membership and annual fundraising efforts/campaigns are tracked in Raiser’s Edge;
- Coordinate exports of appropriate constituent lists for Maine Audubon communications, including coordinating with printing and mailing professionals and internal staff;
- As part of a team, administer donor database, facilitating proper protocols by staff, and championing effective organizational use of Raiser’s Edge NXT;
- As requested, assist with gift processing efforts at peak times;
Internal: Development Staff, Maine Audubon Staff
External: Donors and Prospects, Volunteers, Community leaders and contacts
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well within a team and at all levels of the organization;
- Strong analytical and planning skills;
- High level of integrity and dependability;
- Ability to maintain flexibility and adjust priorities as needed for maximum results.
- Prefer Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising program skills;
- Broad spreadsheet, word processing, email, database computer skills.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- College degree required;
- 3+ years of experience administering comprehensive fundraising programs, including donor database administration (ideally Raiser’s Edge);
- Experience supervising and coordinating staff and volunteers;
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends;
- Flexibility to travel in-state;
- Ability to represent Maine Audubon’s mission, goals, and philosophies with the highest professional standards.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Beth Pauls at email@example.com with “Membership and Annual Giving Manager” in the subject line.
Review of applicatios will begin on July 15, 2019. Position open until filled. Maine Audubon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.