Location: Fields Pond Audubon Center, Holden, Maine
The Environmental Educator will develop, deliver and assist with adult, family, and youth programs with a major emphasis on school children in grades K-12. These programs are designed to instill fascination, understanding and responsibility for the natural world and focus on natural history, sustainability, and human impacts. Candidates should have past experience and strong skills with elementary-age students; strong communication and organizational skills; able to manage multiple tasks concurrently and adjust to seasonal changes in workload.
Qualifications and Essential Duties:
- Must have an ability to communicate effectively with various age groups and audiences on and off site;
- Extensive knowledge of Maine’s natural history and ecological concepts;
- Have a degree(s) in biology, education, or environmental studies;
- Develop and implement summer nature camp programs and special events;
- Responsible and able to work with minimal supervision;
- Have (or able to work towards) current First Aid and CPR certification;
- Ability and willingness to assist with building and property stewardship projects/maintenance;
- Skilled with basic computer software applications;
- Enthusiastic and flexible with a sense of humor;
- Able to pass a criminal background check.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds when setting up for programs or working on the property.
- Able to hike all trails on Fields Pond property as part of programming and stewardship.
- Able to use hands/fingers to operate computer and other program equipment.
- Able to work outdoors in challenging environmental conditions.
Appointment: This position is 30 hours per week year-round, benefits eligible.
Salary range: $12 – $15 /hour.
To apply: Please send a letter of intent and resume to Maine Audubon, 216 Fields Pond Road, Holden, Maine 04429 or email firstname.lastname@example.org We will begin reviewing application immediately. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Maine Audubon is and Equal Opportunity Employer. Any job offers are contingent on a successful criminal background check.