Inspired by true stories, A Little Brown Bat Story follows one bat through his daily ritual of eating and sleeping, and his annual migration to a safe spot to hibernate in winter. Young readers will learn about Little Brown Bat behavior, habitat, and threats to the bats’ survival.
A Little Brown Bat Story: Related Content
Bat Hunting (p.8)
- Bat catching prey in slow motion: Science Lab Footage from University of Pennsylvania
- Bats hunting their prey from BBC Earth
- Maine Audubon: “Maine’s Struggling Bats” part 1, part 2, and part 3
- Bat Conservation International
- Wildlife Acoustics Echo Meter Touch allows you to detect, record, and identify bat calls with a smartphone or table