Call to Artists
We are pleased to announce The Nature of Craft: Maine Artisans at Maine Audubon, a fine art and craft show to take place on Saturday, September 29, 10 am to 4 pm. This juried event will include 50 fine artists and artisans, demonstrations, hands-on activities for all ages, live music, and local food trucks.
We are looking for artists and artisans of the highest quality who exemplify the best of Maine. Fine art and craft will be considered. Work should include one or more of the following:
- Imagery of Maine’s wildlife and natural landscape
- Environmentally-friendly materials or techniques
- Products in support of sustainable living
- Products handmade in Maine
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Applications will be accepted through Wednesday, August 15!
Applications are due by
9 pm on Sunday, August 12. Notifications of acceptance and alternates will be sent out via email by August 20.
There is a $10 application fee to be paid by credit card or check.
Locations and fees:
- Inside the Environmental Center – $130
- A corner space under the large tent – $120
- A non-corner space under the large tent – $110
- A space in the orchard under your own tent – $95
Space requests will be considered in the order we receive completed applications including payment.
There will be time on Friday, September 28, for participants to unload and set up their displays. Details will be provided after acceptance.
Electricity and WiFi will be available.
- Five images (JPG or PDF) of your work including one of your booth set up.
- A short artist’s statement that includes how your work connects to the themes and our mission to conserve Maine’s wildlife and wildlife habitat.
If you would like to send a check, please make payable to: Maine Audubon
and mail to:
attn: The Nature of Craft
20 Gilsland Farm Road
Falmouth, ME 04105
Questions? Please email us!