Letters to the Editor (“LTEs”) are the most widely-read part of a newspaper — making them an ideal forum for getting your message in front of a wide audience. This includes your neighbors, members of the broader community, your legislators, and especially members of your congressional delegation.
LTEs go a long way to show broad community support, make an issue newsworthy, keep the drumbeat going between news events, and get the attention of decision-makers.
Would you like to submit an LTE advocating for Maine’s wildlife and habitat?
We recommend following these guidelines:
- Keep your letter to 250 words.
- Limit your letter to one topic and share your personal perspective and/or experience—use your own voice!
- If you’d like to get the attention of a public figure, such as your legislator or members of your congressional delegation, consider respectfully naming them in your letter.
- Include your name, address, and telephone number with your submission. The newspaper will contact you to verify you are the author.
Submission Information for Maine Daily Newspapers
- Bangor Daily News: email@example.com
- Journal Tribune: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kennebec Journal: email@example.com
- Morning Sentinel: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Portland Press Herald: email@example.com
- Sun Journal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Times Record: timesrecord.com/forms/letters/